Job ID 8023
Job Positions Optometrist
Experience No Experience Required
Unique Perk Benefits Package, Production Bonus, Student Loan Reimbursement, Medical Insurance Stipend, CE Reimbursement
Optometrist – 2 locations (Lakewood Ranch, FL & Osprey, FL) Manatee Eye Care, LLC
Manatee Eye Care, LLC is a privately owned eye care practice that serves patients in the retail space. We are a small local practice that will be expanding into a brand-new storefront location in Lakewood Ranch, FL (still under construction; ETA is December 2023).
Our practice strives to make both of our locations fun and enjoyable places to work. We believe providing a positive patient experience starts with creating a happy environment for our own staff and doctors.
Our Lakewood Ranch location will require 5 days of support per week. According to RCLCO, Lakewood Ranch was the number two top-selling Master-Planned community in the US for 2022. Lakewood Ranch is a thriving community that continues to grow and expand. This location is currently being built in a brand-new shopping center corner office that will be surrounded by restaurants and shops. This location is expected to experience a quick ramp up after opening.
Our Osprey location will only require 2 days of support per week (but if more days are desirable, that can be discussed). This profitable and established location is only a 25-30 minute drive from Lakewood Ranch.
We are hiring two part-time contracted optometrists (open to full-time preferences) to work out of our two retail spaces in Lakewood Ranch and Osprey, FL. We are seeking patient-focused and growth-oriented doctors. The hires will be 1099 contractors which permits several tax benefits.
About the Position:
This contract position offers full-tech support, which will allow you to focus on patient care. As strong advocates of positive work-life balance, the working hours are 9-5 or 10-6 (location specific) with a full hour for lunch. There will be flexibility built into the schedule rotation after hiring decisions are made and preferences are reviewed. At this time, we expect a 3-day and 4- day weekly rotation with no Sundays.
- Provide routine and medical vision care up to the full scope of licensure
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases such as Glaucoma, Cataracts, Macular
Degeneration, Retinal Disorders etc. & refer patients as needed
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear
- Dry eye care
- Doctor of Optometry Degree (OD) from an Accredited School of Optometry
- Florida State License
o New graduates: will need to be licensed by October 23, 2023
- Liability insurance
- Excellent clinical and people skills
- Attention to detail skills for charting accuracy
- Must pass criminal background check
- New graduates welcome to apply!
Compensation & Benefits:
What’s in it for you? We have designed a generous package that rewards you for your contributions and makes your job easier and more enjoyable.
- Base pay plus guaranteed quarterly production bonus
- Student loan repayment benefit: up to $10k annual benefit paid at each anniversary
- Medical insurance: up to $500 monthly stipend
- Continuing education benefit: up to $2,000 a year
- Easy to use Eyefinity EHR, Maestro 2 OCT and Fundus Photography, & Hensen 9000
- Fully trained tech support and front desk support covered by Manatee Eye Care, LLC
- Fully equipped with a pre-test room that includes an up-to-date Optomap, OCT,
NCT, Wavefront autorefractor, and auto-lensometer
- Contact lens insertion & removal room with a wide variety of contact lens fit sets
- Two complete exam lanes (growth potential)
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724.944.8705 to speak with Christina.
Manatee Eye Care, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regarding all employment practices: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law.