Job ID 8270
Job Positions Optometrist
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Unique Perk 4 day work week available; 401K with 3% Safe Harbor, Optical production bonus
Optometrist – Full Time- Full-Scope Care (Great Growth Position) – Bakersfield, CA
*Licensed new grads, and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
We are looking for a full-time optometrist at Southwest Eye Care in Bakersfield, Ca. We have been at this location, proudly serving our community for 30 years. We are looking for this doctor to cover 4 or 5 workdays a week, Mon-Friday only (no weekends), which allows for three-day weekend schedules!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love – We are a full-scope optometric practice that offers dry eye therapy, specialty contact lenses including sclerals, pediatric evaluations, glaucoma therapy, refractive surgery co-management, and other advanced ocular disease therapies, plus a full optical shop with 1,000 frames.
- A well-equipped office – Our practice is equipped with the state-of-the-art diagnostic instruments such as anterior/posterior Cirrus OCT, Oculus Pentacam topographer with WAVE technology, Firefly slit lamp, Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer, and Eidon Widefield Retinal Camera.
Schedule & Benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits – We reward our doctors with competitive pay of $650-$700/day (commensurate with experience and productivity) and the following benefits:
- 2-3 weeks PTO plus all major holidays
- Quarterly optical production bonus
- Malpractice insurance, license fees, all society fees (AOA/COA/KCOS) paid
- 401K with 3% safe harbor
- $2500 CE stipend, plus 4 paid CE days (in addition to PTO)
- Group health insurance plan
- Designated work-up technician and scribe