Job ID 8583
Job Positions Optometrist
Experience 2 Years
Unique Perk Full Benefits Package
OZARKS COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
POSITION TITLE: Optometrist
To provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
To provide accurate and timely delivery of relevant, high quality vision care to improve patient wellbeing.
Education & Training
- Complete Doctor of Optometry Degree from an accredited school
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Board certification as an Optometrist
- License to practice in the State of Missouri
- Optometric state board certified
- Valid BLS Certification
- 2-5 years in-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects
- Hands on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining focus
Reports to: Clinic Medical Director and CEO
Provide direct comprehensive eye and vision tests and analyze results. Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma. Deliver outstanding customer service through all patient interaction. Actively and consistently contributes to the clinic operations and communication; behaves in a manner consistent with the mission and objectives of OCHC and perform other duties as requested.
- Perform comprehensive eye and vision test and analyze the results
- Diagnose all sight problems
- Advise patients on proper eye care techniques
- Keep updated and accurate medical records for all patients
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits, medications
- Perform minor surgical procedures to correct or treat visual or eye health issues.
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
- Provide pre-and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery-example examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Evaluate patients for the presence of other diseases and conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension
- Promote eye and general health by counseling patients
- Provide leadership and supervision to clinical staff to maximize efficiency and to achieve organizational goals
- Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team of professionals and staff.
- Ensure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the Medical and Dental Director to ensure all clinical staff are appropriately trained, assessed and prepared to deliver clinical care and services.
- Effectively manage conflict, promote change and growth, and inspire the development of a highly effective team of professionals.