Job ID 3490
Job Positions Optometry Assistant
Experience 2 Years
Location: West Fargo, ND (Full time)
The candidate selected for this position will help to develop a center of excellence for a state-of-the-art ophthalmology practice within extremely busy optical retailer.
We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
Candidate must have an upbeat positive personality, is articulate, maintain excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow in an evolving Ocular Telehealth Professional Services, and support of new cutting edge ophthalmic technology.
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all testing components and answers any questions the patient may
- Patient registration and intake via EMR
- Knowledge of basic ophthalmic medical terminology, ability to complete patient work up including but not limited to Auto-Refraction, Auto- Lensometry, Tonometry, Fundus Photography, Pupil Assessment, Ocular Motility, Humphrey Visual Fields, Visual acuity measurement (distance and near)
- Maintain complete and accurate patient
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s exam lane and pre-test equipment.
- Confirm appointments and contact/reschedule no shows and cancellations.
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Perform preliminary screening tests
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as an Ophthalmic Assistant or Technician.
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement
- Bi-lingual (English & Chinese) a plus, but not required
- Flexibility to work weekends
What We Offer:
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued during the first year of employment
- 5 sick/personal days
- Paid Holidays
- Health benefits with company contribution for single coverage
- Dental benefits
- Ameriflex FSA
- Annual pair of eyeglasses with exam